Entertainment

R Kelly Concert In Amsterdam Cancelled In Wake Of Accusations Of Sexual Abuse

A concert by R Kelly in Amsterdam has been cancelled after the singer was charged with sexually abusing underage girls last month.

Organizers initially said the event would go ahead to avoid legal repercussions, but it was scrapped after Kelly was ordered to surrender his passport when he was formally charged with 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse at the end of February.

‘This enables us to cancel our contract with R Kelly,’ said J Noah, who had scheduled the concert at The Box venue for April 20. Everyone who has bought tickets will be offered a refund.

Rumours of sexual abuse have pursued Kelly for years, but detailed allegations surfaced at the start of this year in the six-part series Surviving R Kelly on US channel Lifetime.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s