A day after R. Kelly pleaded not guilty to charges he sexually abused for victims, including three underage girls, a German concert arena on Tuesday canceled its contract with the organizer of the R&B star’s tour.
“Regarding the new and objective facts, we have decided to cancel the contract,” Ratiopharm Arena in Neu-Ulm wrote on its Facebook page.
“We regret the fans’ understandable disappointment and ask them to turn to the tour’s organizer” regarding possible reimbursement of their tickets, Ratiopharm Arena wrote.
The operators of the arena had already removed ads for the April 12 concert from Facebook on Monday.
Meanwhile, the operator of the Sporthalle Hamburg arena, where the other concert is planned for April 14, said they had already tried unsuccessfully to cancel the contract with Kelly’s rep before the singer was charged.
On Monday, they said they would try to talk to him again now that Kelly’s legal situation has changed, but could not immediately be reached Tuesday for comment.
Kelly, 52, was arrested Friday on 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse involving four females. His attorney entered not guilty pleas on the singer’s behalf Monday.
A judge last week ordered Kelly – who had defiantly scheduled concerts in Germany and the Netherlands despite his legal troubles — to surrender his passport.
The “I Believe I Can Fly” singer has been trailed for decades by allegations that he violated underage girls and women, and held some as virtual slaves.
Kelly was charged a week after Michael Avenatti, the attorney whose clients have included porn star Stormy Daniels, said he gave prosecutors video evidence of the singer with an underage girl.
On Monday, Avenatti, who represents two of Kelly’s alleged victims, said he had turned over to prosecutors a second videotape that he claims shows a 14-year-old girl engaged in a sex act with the singer.
Kelly has consistently denied any sexual misconduct.