Over the years I have had several successful business that all started as a hobby. Just by chance, my hobbies, were able to make me money. Not enough to get rich, but enough to make me satisfied and successful.
- What hobby are you good at? Knitting, Scrapbooking, Cooking… you get the idea
- Pick (1) hobby and start making or doing that. Ex: if you are good a knitting, knit things and give them as gifts at holidays, baby-showers, birthdays. Someone will see it (trust me) and will want what you are making. Sell your product at a very cheap price. (At this point you are not out to make money, but to get your product and name out there). Hence… you have your first client/customer
- Photography – If you love taking pictures… go to your kids football game, daycare, birthday parties… Take pictures, print them out or put them in a slide show and show the product to the parents. (All parents want a photo of their child.) Put them on a DVD or CD as a slide show. Sell them for $5, hence you have just started a photography business
- Stay at home moms – The possibilities are endless. You have to cook, clean and entertain the children. Why not bake cookies… give them to parents and then you can sell them later. Start a easy lunch-time cookbook for the working mom. Start a cleaning business on the weekend.
- Blogging/Social Media – This is an easy one. If your a Facebook addict and like to post all day, you would be good at blogging. Pick a topic that you are passionate about. Google that topic, pay attention to the style used, images, topics, website vs blog etc. Start your blog and go from there.